Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Shortcut Through Time (Pt III)

"It seems to me quite likely that the risks of plunging every day into the unconscious without a tether are considerable... it is too easy to become overwhelmed by ego after successful trials. I do it very well and it scares me. So I don't do it in general."

After the training exercise that produced The 5th Dimension: Channels to a New Reality, I didn't push too many other boundaries for awhile. (Yep. That book is still sitting on the bookshelf, waiting to be read... someday.)

One day though, in the afterglow of some surfing, I wondered briefly if I could task to an object that represented information about an event whose outcome I had not yet observed. Just a very vague, half-formed thought. Couldn't be considered proper protocol for any type of training exercise. But then there was an object, right in front of me, commanding my attention. 'Alright, I'll study the object', I thought, with no particular expectations about what parameters, if any, of the object would contain significant information.

Once I had observed the outcome of the event, I began to analyze the object in light of the event. That analysis morphed into an experience that must be one of the closest things I have ever had to a mystical experience. (I don't really know what a mystical experience is, so I'm guessing here.) I could see connections between almost every element of the object, and the event - concepts, words, symbolism, connections between ideas. That experience became so disconcerting that I soon had to stop thinking about the whole thing.

But it did make me seriously think about the nature of information, time, and reality in general. For awhile, anyway. Then self-preservation kicked in and I went to find some coffee. ;)